Are your kids the ones who:
- Have to look under every hood, push every button, look behind every door?
- Take everything from the DVD player to the bathroom doorknobs apart just to see how they work?
- Love logic puzzles and mechanical challenges?
- Are involved in romances with their computers that are so intense, it limits REAL human interaction?
What's On the Menu
During this program, we will:
- Play Team-Building Games – Solving big challenges requires great teamwork, and we foster these skills through games and a team-oriented approach to all our projects.
- Learn How to Build Strong – A lesson in structural engineering
- Solve Engineering Challenges – Putting those building lessons to work
- Design Great Robots – The kids will learn tips and tricks for building a robot that actually works
- Scope Out the Playing Field – See where you’ll meet soaring success or crushing defeat…not really, competition is all for fun, right?
- Build Lots of Cool Stuff – This is where you get to put your mark on the robot world – add arms, design rams, create the next modern marvel…Navigating Effectively – You won’t love your ‘bot if it plays “dead bug” on the mat; so, we’ll show you how to get it to jump tall buildings in a single leap…or, at least, go where it’s supposed to go.
- Take a Class in Programming 101 – A lesson in how to talk “robot”
- Program Your ‘Bots – Putting that programming lesson to work
- Put It All Together - Test all that cool stuff you've been building and make it work.
- Compete – This is where you find out what your robot’s made of! (Parents and grandparents are welcome to come, see what the kids have done and enjoy the show!)
- Win Cool Prizes